Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New/Old Sky Movies Magazine Interview.Rob talks about the fight scenes, Jacob's & Bella's kiss & Edward!



SMM: Have your lives changed a lot with all the press and fan attention?

RP: I’m relatively fearful about when the series ends, because it’s such a great security blanket. It’s like a net. You can afford to make mistakes when you have another Twilight film to make. But after that, I guess you’re on your own.

SMM: Taylor and Rob – your characters are rivals in the films. Is it difficult shooting the scenes, particularly in Eclipse, where you fight?

TL: Rob’s very funny. Like in the tent scenes where we’re yelling and screaming at each other – it’s so hard hating Rob because he’s just a fun, nice guy, so having to look him in the eye and scream at him is difficult. Every time after they called ‘cut’, we both just burst out laughing, so that’s pretty challenging.
RP: I was in a very strange mood when we were shooting that scene [laughs].
I kept getting obsessed with the word, ‘thoughts’, because with an American accent it sounds like ‘farts’. And I couldn’t get over it, the entire day. The opening line was, “Can you at least keep your thoughts to yourself?” I mean, I’m sitting in this tent and every single time [laughs]... And Taylor got to the point where he was just like, “That doesn’t even sound the same – it’s not funny at all.”

SMM: Does that happen a lot?

RP: [There was a scene] where Kristen was supposed to be asleep on the floor. So I looked down and she’s looking up and trying to make me laugh the entire time. But it meant the scene got some energy to it, because I was trying to stop myself laughing and that kind of made it easier.

SMM: Jacob and Bella come even nearer to getting it together in Eclipse – does that cause any weirdness between you?

TL: It was good for Jacob to get in there and get his shot and kiss Bella for the first time. Definitely [laughs].
RP: Not only do they do the kissing scenes, they never do it when I’m on set. You genuinely feel like someone’s cheating on you... I’d come back to work and be like, “So how was it?”
TL: [There was one kiss] at the climax of the movie. We’re on top of this mountain and the background was amazing. It’s a really important, emotional moment... But it was so funny because whenever Kristen and I would kiss, as soon as we’d finish, Kristen would look at me and go, “We just kissed.” I’d be like, “Yeah, we did.” It was funny.

SMM: How have your characters changed as the movies progress?

RP: When I first read the books, I was like... I can’t play this. This is impossible. But I’ve tried the entire time to make [Edward] the perfect underdog. No matter what anyone says to him, no matter what heroic deeds he does, it’s impossible to convince him that he’s done anything right. And the only thing that has made him feel alive – feel anything – is Bella.
Full Interview here:  Twifans 

No comments:

Post a Comment